If you decide to go ahead with Fairview for your loft conversions, these are the stages of the project;
- Site survey and quotation – We will visit your home to carry out a site survey and advise you on what is feasible. You will then receive a free no obligation quotation within seven days based on your requirements. The quote will include a list of works and if you want to add or remove anything then is no need to worry. This can be done as many times as you want before committing.
- Contract – Once you are happy with the quotation, a contract is drawn up and signed agreeing on the price, start date and timescale.
- Design and planning process – If your project requires planning and permitted development is not possible, our architect we be in contact with you to complete a site survey and start the process of drawing up the plans. Once you are happy with the design, these are the submitted to planning. Our structural engineer will also be in contact with you to complete a site survey and complete a structural design with calculations. These are then submitted to building control in preparation for the build to commence.
- Party wall agreement – If your home is built with a wall connecting to another property and you would like to begin a loft conversion, then a party wall agreement will be required. If the wall is connected on both sides, then both neighbours will need to be informed of your plans to build and will both need to approve them before any work can go ahead. The agreement is in place to protect you and your neighbours from any issues that might otherwise arise once the build is already underway. We have plenty of experience of advising on the agreement. Party Wall agreements can be required by neighbours by law and if you are struggling to understand what is involved, then Fairview will happily offer expert advice or, if needs be, we can put you in touch with one of our certified party wall surveyors.
- Build – Once everything is in place the build can commence. Loft conversions normally take between 4 – 8 weeks to complete. If any extras are required, a separate quote can be given quickly and added to the works.
- Completion – Once the conversion and all snagging is complete, we then issue you with the completion certificate from building control together with the details for our 5 year structural guarantee. The completion certificate from building control is required if you sell you home.
To get started with a free no obligation quotation please call us on 0800 1957 597 of complete the online enquiry form.